Sunday, April 26, 2009


Dear Friends:

"Bolt" was a success, grossing $290 million worldwide and an Academy Award nomination for Best Animated Feature. It is now available on DVD and includes my second screen credit - the new animated short "Super Rhino". To top it off, I met Miley Cyrus shopping in Burbank.

I caught the Phillies marching through Los Angeles, and practically broke into tears when they won the World Series. On downtime over the winter holiday - I had my wisdom teeth extracted, took my PSU alum brother to the Rose Bowl vs USC, and hosted my dad's first visit to Burbank.

At Disney, I have the unique experience to now be working on "Princess and the Frog", a traditional hand drawn 2D animated feature film positioned to be an instant classic (with the directors of "Aladdin" and "The Little Mermaid"). It is scheduled to release holiday 2009, so look for our trailer on Pixar's "Up" (May 29) and "Toy Story 3D" (October 2).

I have committed to my first Triathlon on September 13 in Malibu, which begins with frequent exercise and a daily ride on my bike to work. You can even watch a brief clip of me running in the background on the Tonight Show with Jay Leno from April 21. I am the guy with the gold top and black shorts in the park that appears at 13:53.

Should you find the generosity to support my race, Team Disney and I have challenged ourselves to raise over $250,000 this year for the Childrens Hospital Los Angeles. Anything you may have to offer [HERE] is certainly appreciated, now more than ever in a very tough economic climate.

Any capacity that I have for additional mental or physical ambitions, I direct towards my classes at UCLA extension and home projects. The condo is coming together quite well and welcome you to visit anytime. I promise I won't make you lift anything... too heavy.

Finally, I hope to do some vacationing later this year - so let me know if you'll be up and about.

Best,
-Mike

3 comments:

Julie said...

Hey Mike I always enjoy your updates! Glad to hear all is well with you and everything is falling into place for you... Now that it’s been almost a year since graduation I have realized that really I do miss collage but I do enjoy my paycheck. Irvine is super boring and I miss LA more and more everyday... I hope to be back up there in the next few years.

In the mean time I have traveled to trade shows for work, visited family, went to my first USC Tri Delta wedding (how crazy is that?!?) and continually drive up to LA to visit the BF.

I just got a new car... I LOVE it! So much better then the old Camry... It's a '07 E350 Mercedes! Life is good.

Julie

Anonymous said...

Mike, I'm glad that you don't blather on unnecessarily about details in your life that I wouldn't care to read about. You keep it to the point, and that's appreciated. But, you forgot to mention that badass trip you'll soon be making to VEGAS. Super stoked. Come to Silver Lake soon.

Unknown said...

Who is Mike?
Well I guess you are coming along nicely. You are the guy at Disney, making a name for himslef and enjoying Burbank. I miss you guys so much and not a day goes by that I don't think of the time at USC. I am glad to read that you are doing well. Let's catch up some time.
Sarah Davis