
Dear Friends:
At Disney, I finished my role on "Princess and the Frog" in June, spent a brief stint on "Beauty and the Beast 3D" (2010), before settling in on "Rapunzel" (Holiday 2010).
I took advantage of a shorter work week by returning to Las Vegas (twice) by finally overcoming the anxiety of not being able to out-due my senior year formal at USC. I also made my first trip to Big Bear for the Forth of July, San Diego for
ComicCon, Anaheim for the
D23 Expo, Irvine for Dave Matthews Band, Beverly Hills for the Playboy Mansion, and Chicago for the USC/Notre Dame football game.
At the end of September I embarked on a 2 week trip through China - visiting Hong Kong, Macau, Beijing, Xi'an, Guilin, Yangshuo, and Shanghai. Overall, it was refreshing to take a break from my LA routine and experience the rich history, unique culture, and remarkable development of China (especially during the
60th anniversary of the PRC).
Perhaps the most memorable moment from my first triathlon in Malibu was along the bike ride, when an elder competitor turned to me and exclaimed "do something to be proud of son" before zooming off ahead. Truly taking that to heart, I found renewed motivation, finishing 10/20 in the M20-24 age group, and 33/121 in the M25-29 age group:
00:14:52.2 Swim (0.5 miles)
00:03:10.6 Transition 1
01:00:14.6 Bike (18.0 miles)
00:00:58.5 Transition 2
00:31:45.8 Run (4.0 miles)
01:51:01.8
Thanks again to everyone who helped Disney and I raise
$250,000 for the Childrens Hospital Los Angeles.
For the rest of the year I anticipate focusing on big home improvement projects, enrolling in my final class at UCLA extension, upgrading my automobile, and spending the holidays with the family on the West coast (for the first time).
I'm always excited to read what you have to share. Let me know what you think of "
Princess and the Frog" in theaters nationwide December 11.
Take care, -Mike
2 comments:
Hey Mike!
i cant wait to see Princess and the Frog!! i've been waiting for a movie like this! Awesome
Beauty and the Beast 3-D? OMG. Fantastic. When does that release?
Post a Comment