Sunday, October 26, 2008

Dear Friends: It's been a busy summer. On October 13, we officially locked the final reel on "Bolt". Scheduled to release nationwide on November 21, this will be my first theatrical screen credit as well as a brief (illustrated) cameo on screen. Still part of the magic at Walt Disney Animation Studios, I have been re-cast to a short animated film starring the Bolt character "Rhino" (the hamster) due at the end of the year that will be put on the film's DVD. After 10 months of 6 day, 70+ hour weeks - switching to normal work hours has taken some adjustment. I have utilized the "free" time by participating in organized recreational activities, becoming reacquainted with people like you, and enrolling in a project management class at UCLA Extension (boooo). In August, I officially closed escrow on a new one-bedroom condominium unit at the Burbank Collection in downtown Burbank (check my new contact information). Given the timing and location, the opportunity was perfect. I have (still) only begun to settle in. It has been very exciting, and somewhat overwhelming, to be a southern California homeowner but something I am so fortunate to experience - especially in this current economy. And yes, housewarming party plans are in the works. As for yourself, how is life? Regards, -Mike

5 comments:

Julie said...

Mike!!!!

Your own place!!! Wow... sooo proud! I remember living in Sigma Nu that summer waaaayyy back :) I am currently in the process of moving to Irvine... I was planning to work in Glendale after graduation but decided to go a different route and now i am in the OC... I’m not sure how I feel about that...

I try and go to all the SC games... It’s not the same without the tri delta tailgating.

I am glad to hear all is well for you and life is good!

Talk to you soon!

Julie

Megan said...

Hey Mike!
Love the update! I can't wait to see this new movie when it comes out! I know you have been working really hard on it.
You know... now that you are in Burbank, you are only over the hill from Hollywood where I'm living! Can we finally get together??! =)

-MF

Anonymous said...

My sister has this same blog site. Hey man thanks for taking me to see the only Dodger victory against the Phillies. It was great seeing all you clowns. Can't wait to boo the shit outof your movie.
PS Ladies, I've been to Mike's place and he doesn't put out.lol

Marques

Anonymous said...

Marques, why are you listed as anonymous, but then sign the bottom of your comment?

Anyways, even though I have already shared with Mike what I have been doing since graduation, I will reiterate just in case anyone else gives a shit.

Ryan "Lurch" Anderson and I moved into an apartment in Culver City in July and will most likely be there til next July or longer. I have been working at the Equinox fitness club in Westwood and at Velocity Sports Performance in West LA. While Ive been putting in some pretty long days, all my coworkers are chill and I enjoy being at work so it doesn't make it as bad as it could be. I might try to go to Cal State Long Beach next fall in order to get my masters in coaching or another exercise science field. Still haven't missed an SC football game, so whenever you're on campus to tailgate let me know. Glad everything is going well and I look forward to BOLT.

I'm sure the only reason your place didn't put out was because the Q was sloppy drunk annoying all the girls.

Anonymous said...

You live so close to where I work.....you better plan on inviting me to your house warming!! The place looks awesome and I can't wait to finally catch up soon.

-Sara K.